PRIVACY & COOKIES POLICY
- This Policy describes how your information, including Personal Data, will be collected, used and shared in connection with your use of our Site and/or Services, our legal basis for doing so as well as your rights and choices regarding the information you provide to us. This Policy is intended to meet the requirements of the Personal Data Protection Act of Singapore (“PDPA”).
- We reserve the right to update this Policy from time to time. You should periodically visit this page to review the current terms of this Policy so that you are aware of any updated terms to which you are bound.
- By using, or continuing to use, our Site and/or Services, you agree that you have read and understood this Policy, and you consent to our use of your information in accordance with this Policy.
Types of Data that we collect
- Personal Data that you provide directly to us. When you use our Site and/or Services, your Personal Data may be collected by us through your voluntary submission (e.g. when you contact us or when you sign up for an account with us).
- “Personal Data” means data that may enable us to identify you personally, including data about a person who can be identified (i) from that data, or (ii) from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access.
- Personal data from third party sources. We may also collect certain of your Personal Data from third party sources, for example, from credit reporting agencies, social media sites, our affiliates, analytics providers, advertisers, data brokers, and identity verification and compliance service providers.
- Non-Identifiable or Aggregated Data. When you interact with us through our Site, we may receive and store certain personally non-identifiable information. Such information, which is collected passively using various technologies, cannot presently be used to specifically identify you. We may store such information itself or such information may be included in databases owned and maintained by our affiliates, agents or service providers. We may use such information and pool it with other information to track, for example, the total number of visitors to the Site, the number of visitors to each page of the Site, the domain names of our visitors’ Internet service providers, and how users use and interact with our Services. Also, in an ongoing effort to better understand and serve users of our Services, we often conduct research on our customer demographics, interests and behavior based on Personal Data and other information provided to us. This research may be compiled and analyzed on an aggregate basis. We may share such non-identifiable and aggregate data with our affiliates, agents and business partners, but this type of non-identifiable and aggregate information does not identify you personally. We may also disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe our Services to current and prospective business partners, and to other third parties for other lawful purposes. However, if we combine or connect such non-identifiable or aggregated data with your Personal Data so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as Personal Data which will be used in accordance with this Privacy.
- By interacting with us using your Personal Data, or voluntarily submitting your Personal Data to us when using the Site and/or Services, you agree and consent to providing your Personal Data and the manner in which your Personal Data will be handled as set forth in this Policy.
- You may, by notice in writing to us, withdraw your consent to providing your Personal Data to us. We shall endeavor to cease processing your Personal Data, destroy or delete the information, or remove the means by which the data can be associated with you within thirty (30) days from the receipt of the said notice, unless its retention is required to satisfy legal, regulatory, accounting or other business requirements or to protect our interests.
- You may decline to provide us with your Personal Data. If you choose not to provide any Personal Data whenever required by us, this may limit your ability to use certain features of the Site and/or Services, or we might not be able to adequately deliver our Services to you.
Uses Made Of The Information
- Our primary objective in collecting and using your Personal Data is to provide, facilitate, personalise and/or improve our Site and/or Services. Below are the more detailed examples of relevant purposes for which we may use your Personal Data:
Providing, updating, and maintaining the Site and/or Services, business and client database, including to facilitate and fulfil our transactions with you, including to process payment transactions;
- Conducting research and development, including to perform market, demographic or trend analysis/survey for research and marketing purposes, and for data aggregation and analytics;
- Communicating with users about our Services, including to interact with you via social media platforms, and to improve or personalise your online experience with us;
- Providing customer support, including to contact you regarding any complaints, feedback, queries or requests;
- Enhancing security, including to facilitate investigations into any suspicious or illegal activity on the Site or relating to the use of our Services;
- Communicating with you for the purposes of marketing, promoting and driving engagement in respect of our Services and third-party products and services which may be of interest to you based on your interactions with us. Such communication may be in the form of postal mails, emails, text messages, social media channels, newsletters, brochures or other printed or digital communication;
- Complying with applicable law, legal process and regulations and protecting legitimate business interests;
- internal administrative and management purposes;
- any purposes exempted under the applicable laws;
- any other purposes reasonably relate to the aforesaid.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
We may use the following third party web analytic services on the website. The service providers that administer these services use technologies such as cookies, web server logs and web beacons to help us analyse how visitors use the website. The information collected through these means (including IP address) is disclosed to these service providers, who use the information to evaluate use of the website. These analytic services may use the data collected to contextualise and personalise the marketing materials of their own advertising network.
Google Analytics is a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google’s ability to use and share information collected by Google Analytics is in accordance with their policies: http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/
You can prevent Google’s collection and processing of data by using the Google Ads Settings page or downloading and installing their browser plug-in (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout).
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Disclosure Of Your Information
We will keep the personal data we hold confidential but may provide information to:
- personnel, agents, advisers, auditors, contractors, financial institutions, and service providers in connection with our operations or services;
- our offices, affiliates, business partners and counterparts (if any);
- persons under a duty of confidentiality to us;
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Your Consent And Rights
By using our service, making an application or visiting our website, you consent to the collection and use of your information and other activities as outlined in this policy.
Under the Privacy Act (the “Act”), individuals have the right:
- to check whether we hold personal data about you and to access such data;
- to require us to correct as soon as reasonably practicable any data relating to you that is inaccurate;
- to ascertain our policies and practices in relation to personal data and the kind of personal data held by us; and
- to withdraw your consent to the use of your personal data for marketing purposes and we shall not use your personal data for marketing purposes after you communicate your withdrawal of consent to us.
You may exercise your opt-out right by notifying us if you wish to withdraw your consent to the use of your personal data for direct marketing purposes. Please send requests to opt-out and for access to data, correction of data, information regarding policies and practices and kinds of data held, questions or complaints on Contact Us page
In accordance with the Act, we have the right to and may charge a reasonable fee for processing any data access request.